Blankets for Baby Rhino’s is a charity and is registered in the UK
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Blankets for Baby Rhino’s, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times and we are also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies when you visit our shop whether you use your mobile device or go on line, provides you with information about:
– how we use your data;
– what personal data we collect;
– how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
– your legal rights relating to your personal data.
How we use your data
Blankets for Baby Rhino’ use your personal data:
– to provide goods and services to you;
– to make a tailored website available to you;
– to verify your identity;
– for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
– with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
– for market research purposes – to better understand your needs;
– to enable Blankets for Baby Rhino’s to manage customer service interactions with you; and
– where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Sharing data with third parties
Blankets for Baby Rhino’s will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
– governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: –
– to comply with our legal obligations;
– to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
– for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
– for the protection of our members and customers.
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for Blankets for Baby Rhino’s to share your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws.
If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
What you can do to help protect your data
Blankets for Baby Rhino’s will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Blankets for Baby Rhino’s asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to Blankets for Baby Rhino’s and more generally: -
– keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
– when creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this accessing your account, clicking ‘your account’, clicking ‘your data’ and selecting ‘change password’.
– avoid using the same password.
How can I contact Blankets for Baby Rhino’s about a data protection issue?
If you have any questions about how Blankets for Baby Rhino’s uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us via our contact form.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.